Tuesday, January 24, 2012

5th Annual Pro Fitness AZ Body Composition Challenge Starts Today

Photo-1
Last year, I got stronger.

This year, I'm going to win.

I'll be posting daily updates here under the tag 'bodycomp', with weekly updates at tdhurst.com.

My goals are a mix of endurance and strength.

Here are my starting measurements:

Neck: 16.5"

Shoulder: 50.5"

Chest: 45"

Waist: 42"

Hips: 44"

Biceps: 14.5"

Forearms: 11.5"

Right quad: 20.5"

Left quad: 21"

Right calf: 15.5"

Left calf: 16"

Weight: 219 lbs

Body fat: 26.7%

I'd like to be around 190 lbs, but that's not a hard goal. Being heavy isn't the same as being fat, but I do know that I feel good playing sports at around that weight.

I'd also like to drop to 34" waist jeans, because they hang better and look more streamlined that the 36" ones I currently wear.

My first few days will start off easy as I recover from ingrown toenail surgery on both big toes, but by week 2 I expect to be running or lifting every single day. I'll also update my struggle ridding myself of Diet Coke and slowly replacing everything I drink but coffee (black) and water with tea.

Day 1 has begun. You ready for this?

No comments: