Monday, December 22, 2008

What I learned today...

...from running. I'm sure these could be adapted to anything in life.

When it rains, either run faster or find a warm, dry place. Anything else is just stupid.

Running more often makes it easier, no matter the distance. It's easier to add 5 five minutes every four days than to add 10 minutes every week. Strange, but true.

The less often I run, the harder it is every time. The opposite is also true.

High fiving, smiling or waving to people I see on the way makes them smile and makes me feel good.

Buy good equipment and you won't get as many blisters.

Don't stop to deal with the barking dogs.

Overcome known obstacles first, like obvious geographic landmarks. I was forever leery of running past the I-17, but it really opened up my run today.

If you want to be efficient at something, do the same thing over and over. If you want to be great at something, either go the same distance or do it the same way every time, but never both.

Never, ever save anything for the way back.

No comments: