Thursday, December 4, 2008

Stages of lay off grief

1. Fuck yeah! Severance! I'm getting paid to do nothing!

2. Damn, I have no more money than I did before.

3. Drinking during the day is fun.

4. Shit, what happened to last week?

5. Oh no...I need to get a job...really, really bad.

6. I'll take anything. Seriously.

7. Would you like fries with that?

In all seriousness, getting laid off sucks. You have zero control over what happened, so the best advice I've taken is to not worry about it.

Think of it as a paid vacation to job hunt in your underwear. See? That's not so bad, is it?

NOTE--I reserve the right to completely freak out if I don't have a job by the end of January.

3 comments:

Dfactor said...

Tyler - Keep your head and shoulders up! There are needs for smart guys like us!

Unknown said...

Ty, Don't be Stan again. Start doing your networking that you are so good at. Have you ever thought about going the Army?

Taylor Graves Monaco said...

This is hilarious.

You're getting paid to focus on YOU and figure out what YOU want to do. (Since you may or may not have hated your previous job.) Use the time to better yourself!

And set a date, if you don't have a job by that deadline, then freak out.

Good luck!