Sunday, November 30, 2008

What do you think?

Hiring Manager-

I like to make the complex simple.

From explaining to potential clients the benefits of doing business with us to writing newsletters and from creating marketing campaigns to internal communication, my specialty is helping people understand.

As an editor and writer for the last three years for kontakt magazine, I wore a variety of hats. I was responsible for most PR/Publicity duties, which included planning and promoting our yearly design fair (PCDF), hiring, training and supervising writers, developing both regional and national marketing plans in both print and web form, wrote a plethora of stories and was responsible for copyediting, rewriting and proofing the final issue.

During my time with Pearson, an international educational publishing company, I was an integral piece of the process that gave our Account Executives everything they needed to sell products from collateral to help with client events. I also produced the grand opening event at our Chandler office, which was attended by all 600 employees and nearly 200 area business leaders. I also wrote and produced a variety of business videos used for both internal and external communications.

I've also freelanced for nearly five years in a variety of collaborative efforts. I've done mainly PR and promotional work for small businesses, as well as copy and technical writing for small business websites and instructional manuals.

My current endeavor is social media and its ability to break barriers and create a true partnership with clients.

I look forward to speaking with you and showing you what an asset I could be. Thanks for your time.

No comments: