Sunday, November 9, 2008

Celebrities and their disorders

I just started reading a few Adult ADHD blogs and noticed something many sites like this have in common: they always find some celebrity with the affliction in hopes of making us feel better.

You know what? That doesn't mean shit to me. Celebrities have less in common with us than we think and using them as some sort of measuring stick or therapy is ludicrous. I want to know about more people who work corporate jobs and hate them, people who broke out being bored and did well and those who overcame similar problems than I want to hear about how some celebrity.

Stop the celebrity worship. It's sad. Let's fix ourselves and not look toward some deity to do so.

3 comments:

Arizona Newspapers Association said...

Do you have ADHD or were you just doing research?

Tyler Hurst said...

I have ADHD.

Unknown said...

What disease don't you have?