Sunday, August 17, 2008

Realization

I can't sit, can't lay, can't run, can't sleep well, can't drive, can't lift, can't swim, can't bathe and can't stretch.

For the first time since I was a baby, I am completely at the mercy of other people to take care of me.

Chelsea, Don and my mom (Wendy) each took time out of their lives to nearly wait on me hand and foot. Every emergency was covered, every doctor appointment was met.

Even people from Twitter, most of whom I've never met, have been supportive.

There are times in our lives that we can feel completely alone, no matter how many people are physically around us.

As I sit in my apartment, by myself, I know that I am most definitely not alone. I know good people. I like that.

Thanks to everyone.

2 comments:

metzmash said...

Jeez, I'm sorry you were injured. Hope you get well soon.

[s] said...
This comment has been removed by the author.