Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Who doesn't like geek forums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrobsd
Tyler:

You are a tool dude, admit it. You sit here and attack people constantly for providing constructive critisicm and feedback about their iPhones.

I'm not attacking anyone personally. I think what you say is ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrobsd
Here are the facts:
-Apple does not disclose to the public the limitations of only being able to sync music and video on the iPhone with one computer. It's not on the box, the marketing materials, or anywhere on the Apple marketing web site.

Well, we must have grown up around different technologies. If something doesn't specifically say it CAN do something, I don't expect it to until I see it happen. The iPhone doesn't SAY that it can't be synced to multiple computers, so I don't expect it to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrobsd
-Apple advertised the iPhone as the BEST ipod ever. If this is the case, then they should make it work exactly or BETTER then an ipod, and not add more limitations to it which basically make it useless as an ipod.

It seems like you took the phrase "best iPod ever" and decided for yourself what that meant. I would guess any people say it as a phrase designed to sell more iPods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrobsd
-Your comment about not having music on your computer at work is completely un-necessary. The truth is some companies encourage employees to listen to music and watch videos at work (my company happens to be a digital media company, cool huh?) What's wrong does your IT department not let you do that, and you're jealous so you make a bitter and rude comments?

Every company I've worked for allows this, but I don't sync my personal iPhone to my work computer, it's synced to my personal laptop. And yes, your digital media company sounds VERY cool. I'm sure you're very lucky to work there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrobsd
-Some people do use the iPod and iPhone for purposes other then music at work as other posters have pointed out, recording meetings for one, listening to training audio books provided by the company in mp3 format for two.

I use my iPods and iPhone for these same things. For my iPod I used the iTalk to record interviews and meetings, for my iPhone I just bought a $2 app called SpeakEasy to record audio. Works great.
I listen to company audiobooks as well (not technically books from my company, but books my managers have recommended for our team).

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrobsd
You know if you don't like people openly discussing shortcomings of a product don't read the thread, but please keep your nasty and hateful comments to yourself.

I have no problem with what you're doing and never said that I did. None of my comments were nasty or hateful. If you thought that they were, maybe you're insecure about what you said and are a little defensive. You should work on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrobsd
Oh and by the way, I noticed you posted a link to this thread on your blog. For the record, I have the $299 iPhone, and also for the record, my previous phone to the iPhone was $500, so it's not like I can't afford the original iPhone, your comment on your blog is so lame.

I'm happy that you were able to afford both. My comment wasn't specifically directed at you, but in general I would say that subsidizing the 3G iPhone brought a lot more problem customers than the original did.

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you checked out my site.

No comments: