Monday, August 18, 2008

What does it take to get ahead?

For those who don't know, I'm not a great fit at my current job. I'm not that organized, I don't like sitting in a cube and I like to write. My job, consisting of sales support requiring high organization skills and lots of patience, obviously is not for me.

I do have plenty of product knowledge, a great work ethic and a real desire to do more. A few weeks ago, I applied for a position in the Marketing Communications department, a new department which would act as an in-house collateral shop. Perfect job for someone like me who has plenty of copywriting and design experience (well, I know HOW to use InDesign and I'm even better at asking for help), right?

Nope. Apparently an external candidate is a better choice. A female (our marketing team is currently 94% female) with no Pearson knowledge is a better choice.

Damn, damn, damn. I think I'm wasting my time.

No comments: