Tuesday, March 8, 2011

BFRC Day 44 - My hands hurt

I'm less doughy. Less and less nearly every day, in fact. It's obvious in my face and the slight hang, instead of form fitting, of my tshirts.

My pants are tough to keep up and my energy level is rising. I don't need much more than 5-6 hours of sleep to feel GOOD.

But there's one thing I can't rest, ice, heat or stretch that hurts nearly every damn day. My hands. My hands HURT.

You see, every Tuesday and Thursday, Vin and I box. Well, he holds up pads and I hit them. Sometimes he slaps me upside the head when I drop my hands, sometimes I make him wince slightly when I get a good kidney punch in.

But every day, every single goddamn day, my hands hurt because I haven't quite figured out how to punch. I get close, but no matter how much I try, I re-jam my knuckles constantly.

But I'll learn.

No comments: