Tuesday, March 1, 2011

BFRC Day 37 - Boxed my hands raw

Losing weight is hard. No matter how often I work out, it always comes back to healthy food choices, lots of moving around and better control of my food portions.

After 37 days of working this body fat reduction thing, I'm not doing too well. Sure, I'm down 13 lbs, but that's crap compared to the amount of work I've put in. It's time to make some serious changes.

A few months ago, I stopped eating my absolute favorite food. I thought I would crave pretzels and was pretty sure I'd be buying them by the case after a week, but it's been over three months and I'm totally fine (no sinus infections either).

Because I know I won't die, it's time to give up some other crap that my body just doesn't handle well: Diet Coke. I drink far too many a day and constantly rely on the kick as a crutch to keep me awake at night. It's stupid. Coffee and/or tea can do the same thing at a far lesser cost to my health.

So, far the month of March and in honor of Vin donating nearly five hours a week to get me into shape, I'm giving up diet coke, flour and sugar. At the end of this month I'll re-evaluate my choices, but not until then.

If you SEE me with any of these things, you have the complete right to snatch them out of my hands and throw them away. In fact, I hope you'll do that.

Oh, and I'm such a badass I boxed my knuckle raw today.

 

 

No comments: