Thursday, February 3, 2011

BFRC Day 11 - Harder then freshman wrestling?

I was also curious about wrestling when I was a kid. I knew Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant weren't real wrestlers, but real wrestling seemed a little uncomfortable, as rolling around in a singlet with another dude was, in my ninth grade mind, pretty gay. 

And then Kyle Townsend and I somehow talked each other into trying out for the ninth grade wrestling team. We were both basketball players and decent athletes, but had no idea what was in store for us. Everything hurt. My eyelids, necks, backs and legs hurt. We had to stretch every time we stood up. We got our asses kicked in practice. I went as far as to buy all the gear and then quit two weeks into the season. It was, for me, not all that fun. I had the strength of a 100 lb weakling in a 145 lb body.

I made the mistake of telling Vin that today and while he claims today's workout was going to be tough, I don't believe him at all. We did eight rounds of boxing with either squats, lunges or burpees into between and even threw in a couple of knees to the body. I DID almost knee Vin in the nuts when once of us screwed up the punch/knee sequence and I bet he's grateful that I missed.

In completely unrelated news, I have developed a zit right next to my nose that I can't get rid of.

No comments: