Wednesday, February 23, 2011

BFRC Day 31 - Crappy evening

(If you are sensitive to the mention of bodily functions, stop reading.)

I try to eat healthy every single day. Sure, I often have a problem with portion control, but I figure that's easier to fix than completely shifting my diet, right?

But yesterday and the day before, I made mistakes. During our 24+ hour drive from Chicago to Phoenix, we ate at too many fast food places, mostly because we had the dog in the car and my lady doesn't like to leave her there for very long. We had McDonalds, Arby's and Subway, and each time I was careful not to order anything fried and just ate the meat and half the bun. It didn't fill me up, but it certainly didn't make me feel like shit.

And then I got cocky. I added a six piece nugget to an order of two double cheeseburgers, and yesterday ate half of a medium pizza from Godfather's.

The lethargy immediately after let me know I'd made a mistake, but I figured that was the end of it. I was wrong.

Upon pulling into Albuquerque around 6pm last night, I felt an urgency in my bowels not unlike the time I ate two FiberOne bars for breakfast. The extra fiber kind.

I rushed into the motel office, fearing that my clenched sphincter would be unable to hold back the onslaught. I practiced deep breathing while the lady ran my card and power walked immediately to my room, not bothering to actually tell Katie where I was going.

I was sweaty now. And fearful. I really liked the jeans I was wearing and the thought of soiling them reminded me that they were 7s, and cost $100+.

My key card didn't work the first time and breaking the window was my next choice. My right hand was covered in my sleeve and rolled into a fist when the key card clicked. I bolted to the bathroom and plopped down.

Oh god. The stench and the sensation of a shitty food crap is horrible. It felt like I lanced a huge, diseased cyst. Katie came in later, asked that I keep the door closed and covered her nose. Even the dog didn't bark.

Three rounds and some pepto bismol later, I did 3x 50 each crunches, pushups and squats, followed by a two-mile run. Saltines later helped too.

I have no idea why or how reactions like this to the shitty food I and most of the ret of us eat seemed so normal for so long, but fuck that, man. No more.

No more shitty food for me. And every time I see other people eating crap like I did, I'll know most of their bathroom trips are emergencies, too.

No comments: