Tuesday, February 15, 2011

BFRC Day 23 - Everywhere Hurts

I may have underestimated the toll it would take on my body to have spent five days recovering from whatever causes an upper respiratory infection, as my sore hands, stiff back and often cramping abs shout to me: stupid, you were never in good enough shape to train like this!

But, at least during the workout today, I noticed a change that I'd been hoping would happen earlier: it seemed easier. Not that I wasn't trying or that Vin was going easy on me, but my lungs seemed to outlast the rest of my muscles. No longer was I gasping for air between sets and although I feel worn out, I feel almost...good.

Elizabeth Newlin noted this a few weeks ago after being on her treadmill for a week: it gets easier. Perhaps my lungs were sick for longer than I thought, or maybe my body just needed some time off, but today it felt like I was pushing my body instead of waiting for it to catch up.

An hour nap today, after which it took nearly four minutes to roll to a side and then pull myself out of bed while avoiding the use of my abs, showed me that my body is being stretched.

Hope I can keep it up while I'm training on the road and in Chicago. Think Katie will be as a good of a trainer as Vin?

No comments: