Tuesday, February 22, 2011

BFRC Day 30 - Trying to be fat

There has been no place more prevalent on our trip than McDonalds. There's one at nearly every rest stop, town and major intersection along I-40 (Route 66, kinda). While we've only eaten there twice (burgers with only half the bun; not great but far better than it could have been) we've stopped numerous times for there free wifi and always clean bathrooms.

At every stop, there's been one constant: the drive thru is always packed and inside is fairly empty. We're so fat and lazy that sitting in the drive thru for twice as long is preferable to taking the five minutes to walk in. America is fucking screwed.

I've also noticed that even the burgers don't fill me up anymore. Perhaps it's that my body knows they are mostly empty calories, but I'm always hungry after, even after I whoofed down two double cheeseburgers (bottom buns were given to the dog, then I smashed the four patties together...so tasty) that I had to munch on some trail mix.

Two more days on the road and it's back to Vin. Oh, and I swear my pants are getting bigger.

No comments: