Thursday, February 24, 2011

BFRC Day 32 - No dry heaving!

I know it's not Monday, but it IS the first day of the week I've worked out with Vin and I DIDN'T DRY HEAVE. Some of you may call that normal, but I call it progress.

I also weighed in for the first time in two weeks and was quite scared. Eight days of traveling with a lot of time in the car and not much healthy food had me worried that I'd have gained a few pounds. I mean, I did eat Girl Scout Cookies, some McNuggets, a few burgers and had some chocolate cake. AND I ran once and worked out twice, which aren't exactly the ingredients for a healthy lifestyle.

I set the scale to 215 and stepped on. Nothing. Scale didn't move. Was it broken? Shit. I slowly moved the weight to the left, my excitement building. Down to 205 and the scale jumped up. Damn. Didn't LOSE any weight. I moved it steadily back to 209, the same weight I was two weeks ago and everything leveled out.

After a week of being sick, almost ten days of traveling and not a whole lot of workouts in between, I weight exactly the same. My 36" pants are still too big, but I'm not quite in 34". I really don't like fast food and I prefer salad over pasta. I feel stronger and more agile and I can run faster.

This working out thing seems to be working.

No comments: