Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Crank up the music

Long car trips never seem like a big deal unless you're the driver. The passenger gets to look out the window, play on the iPhone or sleep.

Unless you're Katie and I. We've been up since 5 and on the road since 7am and are now less than an hour from Sapulpa, OK. I have no idea how far we've gone since we left Gallup, but I now know how long I can be in a car without freaking out.

I passed that limit 30 minutes ago. My feet are cold because it's muggy and my feet sweat when it's muggy, my hair feels greasy and my body is too sore from working out to sleep.

Oh, and the blustery wind is so loud we have to crank the stereo up, which distorts the sound. Sigh.

Did I mention the windshield is a smear of dust because Katie tried to clean the windshield and that didn't work.

Now instead of listening to Collective Soul, we're listening to what sounds like a Christian country rock group.

This is why people do drugs. I'm sure of it.

Also, I'm a huge wimp and Katie is awesome.

No comments: